Karrington Grace’s Birth Story


On January 9th at 1:15 am, we welcome Karrington Grace into our family, officially making us a family of 9! She weighed 7 lbs. 3.5 oz and was 21 inches long. Her story is the most eventful one yet. They are all exciting because they are all a blessing from the Lord, but Karrington’s story is a little more eventful than the rest.

Karrington’s “due” date was December 31, 2016. That day came and went and we tried to be patient. I was getting uncomfortable being pregnant and ready to meet our little girl. 41 weeks came and went, and since Austin was home and we were tired of sitting around, we went out to my in-laws house for a few days. I was having several contractions a day and a lot of show but nothing consistent. After a long night of being uncomfortable and not getting much sleep, we decided that we would leave the kids at Grandma and Grandpa’s house and head home on Saturday. We went out to dinner and then went home, tried to watch a movie but I ended up going to bed. The next morning we got up and went to church. I had more show and more contractions but still, nothing consistent. After church we went to over to a friends house for lunch. About 2:30 pm, I started having contractions and decided to time them. They were coming every 5-6 minutes so after an hour of sitting through them, I was ready to head home. We got home and I laid down to try to nap, but couldn’t sleep because of the contractions. I got up to do some last minute cleaning, knowing that she would be born soon. After I got up, the contractions spread out to 15-20 minutes apart, but they were still consistent. After dinner, we started to play a game, but we were bored sitting in the house so we bundled up and went for a walk in the dark. It was actually a really nice night so it was enjoyable to be outside getting some exercise. When we got back inside, we sat down to watch a movie but I couldn’t stay awake so at 8:00 pm I went in to the bedroom to try and sleep. My contractions were still very spread out, and I was able to sleep, but I would wake up with each contractions, breath through it then fall back asleep. At 9, I got up to use the bathroom, then came back to bed. Austin was still awake watching the movie we had started. After sleeping/breathing through contractions for another hour, I got up at 10 to use the bathroom. Austin was in bed now and reading a book. When I retuned to bed, I was shivering so much that I knew I wouldn’t be able to sleep. We decided I should take a shower to relax and warm up. It helped some with the shivering but every time I would have a contraction, I would shake all over uncontrollably. I am pretty sure I was in transition, and it lasted until about 1:00 am when I started to feel pushy. My water had not yet broke but the first time I bared down to push, it broke and came out looking like mud. As soon as I saw it, I told Austin that we needed to go to the hospital. I didn’t want the baby to breathe in any meconium at home where we had no oxygen or equipment to handle that. Austin called our friend who originally was going to help us but was sick. She came right over and we loaded into her car. None of us really thought that the baby might be born on the way to the hospital because it is only about 8 miles away, so we forgot to bring anything with us. While in the car, I had 2 contractions. During the first one, I had to keep myself from pushing, but the second one I couldn’t. Baby was coming and there was nothing I could do to stop her. When I pushed the first time, her head came out with the cord wrapped around her neck. As I pushed again, Austin flipped her to get the cord off her neck and out she came. She was still tangled in her cord with it wrapped around her shoulder and armpit then behind her back. I untangled her and held her upside down to drain as much gunk as we could before she took a breath. Austin also put his mouth over her nose and mouth and sucked out what her could. She had no trouble at all! Praise God! She started breathing exactly like she was supposed to with no problems. I had Austin help me get my shirt off, then pulled her up on my chest, and wrapped us in a blanket. By that tine we were at the hospital. We went in and asked to be taken straight to labor and delivery since baby was born and there were no problems. We stayed at the hospital for the rest of the day and we were able to go home that evening. We had a quiet night at home and the next day her siblings came to meet her. They all love her so much! Kaydence was really tickled that she was finally here. I think she had lost hope that the baby would ever be born because for about a month before she was born, she asked me when baby Karrington would be born and I would respond with, I don’t know. Then she would say, “But Jesus remembers when baby will be born.” 🙂



2 thoughts on “Karrington Grace’s Birth Story

  1. Great story I loved every minute of it I’m so very proud of you and all of my little grandchildren I love all of you very very much thank you

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *