Noon is such a hard time for me to make a meal. It seems like we are just getting the groove to our day, and then we have to stop to have lunch. I️ don’t want to spend a lot of time with this meal so I have come up with 6 simple solutions.
1. Pb & J (or H in our house) Peanut Butter and honey sandwiches are a staple around here. We usually have them once a week with some fruit or veggies on the side. Usually I️ have one of the kids make the sandwiches, which makes lunch even easier for me.
2. Pancakes. I made these the other day for lunch because I️ couldn’t think of anything else. It took all of 5 minutes to mix them up and then only a few more minutes to cook them up. We have a large family size griddle so I️ can cook several pancakes at once. The kids loved it and my husband was jealous when he heard we ate pancakes without him .
3. Cheese, crackers and summer sausage. We still have a few loaves of summer sausage in our freezer from the deer my husband shot last fall. The kids think it’s super fun when I slice it up with some cheese slices and crackers for lunch. We like to have finger veggies, like carrot and celery sticks, with it too.
4. Cheese quesadillas. These can be really simple or you can jazz them up a bit by adding some extra ingredients. Try them with just cheese and a tortilla, or add some canned chicken, black beans, bacon crumbles and then dip in ranch dressing. Super yummy!
5. Taco Salad. The way I make this simple is by cooking the taco meat ahead of time and freezing it. Sometimes I do this in big batches and then I can pull it out of the freezer when I need it. I mix the meat, lettuce, tortilla chips, cheese and dressing all in a big bowl, then we scoop it out onto our plates.
6. Smoothies and sandwiches. Mix up a blender full of a fruit and veggie smoothie, then have one of the kids make a sandwich for everyone. Make is even easier by putting together some premeasured smoothie bags for the freezer. My kids love when I make smoothies for them and they gulp them down.
What lunches do you have at your house? Let me know in the comments below!